Human Traits and their Uniqueness
Biometric PIN (BioPIN)
- Choose a BioPIN the same way you would a normal PIN.
- Ensure it is an easy to remember non-obvious string.
- Use any mix of characters from 3 to 16 in length.
- Consider using double taps.
- The OK, Reset, and # keys can not be used as part of BioPIN.
A double tap is exactly that, a BioPIN character tapped twice. For example, double tapping the second character of a 3-characcter BioPIN simply adds a unique timing dimension making it exceedingly difficult to discover your BioPIN by any brute force method.
- The indicator centered under “Reset” turns green when the keypad is available, red when not. Initially it turns green when its likely a human is holding the phone. In time it does so when its likely you are that person.
- The lower right machine learning indicator is Yellow while learning to recognize your human traits and turns Green once satisfied it has sufficient knowledge to recognize you. This process can take 2 or more days before turning green dependent on your frequency of use. While Yellow you should not allow others to use your phone. Once Green you can do so.
A note about machine learning. It is a key part of AI standing for acquisition of knowledge of a subject, in other words learning. For AffirmID, machine learning is never ending. AffirmID begins with no knowledge of you or how you do what you do. The first learning period focuses on creating a core knowledge base to build upon. Phone use by another during this critical period hampers the process.